Even though the symptoms of Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder or ADHD are often found in most of the children; a parent should think about visiting a doctor only if in case, the child displays the same behavior regularly. Moreover, if the child’s behavior affects his or her performance in school, it is high time to visit a psychiatrist to determine the best course of action.
Susie Rachele has been diagnosed with ADHD but by taking proper medications, and by following the recommendations of the doctor, she is able to lead a normal life just like any other person. She states that one must know about the disease and should learn and understand how to manage the symptoms of ADHD.
Listed below are some of the common signs of ADHD:
- The individual tends to display a self-focused behavior and do not understand or recognize the requirement and preference of other people.
- An individual with ADHD displays fidgetiness as they can’t sit still and are always on the go.
- He or she may show interest in various things but are not able to complete all the tasks. For instance; they tend to complete half of one project and move to the next one.
- They have trouble in following an instruction that require planning and execution. As a result of which this causes careless mistakes.
- An individual with ADHD may struggle keeping emotions in check. He or she may have mood swings at unsuitable times. Younger children may exhibit temper tantrums.
Besides this, poor listening skills, distractibility, trouble in professional and personal relationships are often seen. After you recognize the problems the individual is facing with, such as absent-mindedness or trouble giving attention, you can talk to a psychiatrist or a specialist who can help in chalking out a treatment plan.
Susie Rachele says that an individual who has been diagnosed with ADHD should take advantage of the disease in order to become a successful person. Like for instance she says that hyperactivity which is a symptom of ADHD can be utilized intelligently in the professional field. In addition, she says that hyperactivity can turn almost comprehensive when an interesting task is allotted. In addition to the challenges the positive traits that are associated with the ADHD people include:
- Eagerness and impulsiveness
- Lot of fun to work with
- Creative and imaginative
- Open to different ideas and are flexible
- Difficult to distract from the task that interests them
After receiving a diagnosis of ADHD, one can then consult with the specialist and therapist, to make a custom-made treatment that can benefit the individual’s precise requirements. In effect treatment for ADHD includes behavioral therapy, social support, education and training, and assistance. Medications are also recommended to reduce the signs and symptoms of ADHD and to improve the quality of life and self-esteem of the individual.
Therefore, it can be concluded by stating that lots of support, love, and reassurance can help an ADHD individual to be successful person like Susie Rachele.