The skin can be subject to significant damage from anxiety and various environmental factors. Facials can help in restoring the skin and to fight against these issues. This process utilizes a variety of products to deliver results. Apart from the facials offered by the beauty parlors, now days, there are many clinics who offer medical facial treatments for the clients.
It is said that the medical facial treatments are much better that the spa facial as they are conducted by the qualified medical aestheticians. Dr. Kenneth M Reed says that at DermASAP the aestheticians offer medical facials and procedures like Vibraderm microdermabrasion and chemical peels.
In some cases, the medical facial may use a surgical knife to take away the top layer of skin, or ultrasound, microcurrent, and radio waves in order to lift and firm the skin. After a quick consultation with the client, the aesthetician cleanses, steams, exfoliates and massages the skin, while incorporating treatments such as dermaplaning, microdermabrasion, micro current, a chemical peel, LED light therapy, or photo rejuvenation or IPL, that are best suited for the skin.
Advantages of medical facial:
- It can be done on face, neck, upper body, back and arms.
- It can help in treating rough skin on elbows and knees, pigmentation, acne, fine lines, sun damage, calcifications, wrinkles, milia and tan.
- It can resolve hyperpigmentation and hypopigmentation concerns.
- It allows the client to customize the treatment plan depending on the skin type, texture and tone.
- It helps the skin to look smoother, brighter and tighter post medical facial.
- It induces relaxation, increases product penetration, stimulates blood flow and relaxes facial muscles.
- It offers a radiant glow to the skin almost instantly after the medical facial is done unlike the spa facial which takes at least a day or two to show results.
Dr. Kenneth M Reed states that there are many clients who get benefits from the medical spa within couple of sessions while some may require six Vibraderm treatments set one week apart to get the desired results. These treatments help in stimulating collagen production and removing the upper skin cells, to give the skin a vibrant as well as a healthy look. While chemical peel is a facial rejuvenation technique that uses a chemical solution to enhance the texture of the skin, the Microdermabrasion treatment is a cosmetic procedure which involves the refining of the skin by spurting microcrystals to remove dry, dead skin cells on the outermost layer of the skin.
The crystals exfoliate the skin’s outer surface, and helps in revealing younger and healthier skin. Vibraderm is a crystal-free microdermabrasion procedure which helps in fighting fine lines and creases, large pores, flabby skin, inflammation, freckles and spots. So, it can be said that a medical facial delivers a medical approach to treatment and is more concerned with the consequence rather than a soothing spa like experience.
Thus, it can be said that to get the skin rejuvenated, one should contact Dr. Kenneth M Reed as he is an expert in medical facials!